Home Book Reviews Purchase Book Blog For Fun Contact

Quote from Captivated

"I stood close to the edge looking down at what I thought was my death. Then, I somehow ignored the water and only saw him. He looked like a dark angel on a cloud of mist holding his arms out to me. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. Then I jumped." Mindy - Captivated, An Affliction Novel

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter Review

Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1)Awaken Me Darkly by Gena Showalter

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm not good at reviews, so please bear with me!

I love anything Gena Showalter writes and I was a little worried when I first started Awaken Me Darkly. I'm not into reading about detective work and scene of the crime type stuff, so that's the only reason I didn't give it the full 5 stars. However, there wasn't much of that going on, only in the beginning, then it got good...really good.

I loved how close Mia was to Dallas and how she did everything she could to save him, including getting around breaking the law in order to do it. Ghost, Kitten, and Jax were loyal friends and trusted Mia with any order she dished out. I just love to read about that rather than betrayals. :)

Kyrin....wow! He is an Arcadian (alien) that grabbed Mia's attention from the moment she sensed him (mine too). He's powerful, strong, and passionate. I'd love to be captured by him any day! What Kyrin revealed at the ending made my heart melt.l

Mia can kick some ass! She is a strong protagonist and a sexy hereon! Her past troubled life led her to be the A.I.R agent that eliminates criminal aliens off the face of our planet. And...it also led her to Kyrin. She finds things out about herself and her family that she refuses to believe. I even refused to believe them, but Kyrin was very convincing. *wink wink*

Awaken Me Darkly was a face paced read with entertaining fight scenes, enjoyable love scenes, and characters that are easy to fall in love with. Not only did I feel like I was in the story due to the amazing detailed description Gena's magical fingers entwine, but at times I felt I was Mia! Although I am nothing like Mia, I felt like I connected with her and I was living the story through her eyes. That was really enjoyable on a particular scene that you will just have to read about. ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment