Home Book Reviews Purchase Book Blog For Fun Contact

Quote from Captivated

"I stood close to the edge looking down at what I thought was my death. Then, I somehow ignored the water and only saw him. He looked like a dark angel on a cloud of mist holding his arms out to me. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. Then I jumped." Mindy - Captivated, An Affliction Novel

Thursday, October 13, 2011

An introduction...

Welcome to my blog! This is the first time I've ever done something like this, so please hang in there...lol. I'd like to start off by giving you a little peek of where I came from.

Let’s see, my childhood was alright, I had a loving mother and I dropped my father. That’s why you won’t see me writing about a father daughter relationship in any of my books. But I didn’t let that effect me, I told myself I didn’t need a dad anyways and moved on! You are in control of how you turn out, not a lousy father. ;)
As a teen, I was raised around my hardcore aunts. I say that because being made fun of practically every day was brutal! Thanks to that, I developed a tough leathery scared up skin that enables me to take jokes and laugh at myself. I love them for it! Now I see my younger cousins go through it and I join in on making fun of them. You really have to be able to take a joke if you want to join my family…lol, we see new comers as fresh meat for the taking. But all in all, I can’t be more grateful for family. And if you don’t have a united one, they don’t have to be blood. I’ve seen it and experienced it, give it a shot.
I have two kids of my own now and I’m having fun with it. I just know that I’ll be the type of parent that embarrasses their kid in front of friends. I’ll put on a mean face on around my daughters boyfriends and make them fear me. Or I’ll always bring up my gun collection and how my dog Cujo injured her last boyfriend. You know, things of that nature. J
Being a teen was the most fun I’ve had in my life so far. Of course it was, I was in perfect shape and my goal was to get a body like Jessica Biel (I was almost there until I got pregnant). I had laughs with my friends and of course there were cute boys, causing trouble, and staying out late. That’s why I decided to write a young adult series. Captivated is a package of the laughs teens have, the crushes on their minds, of course there’s drama, and having fun. Yes, there are vampires in it and yes, there are hot guys with muscles, but it also has everything else. I haven’t bumped into a teen novel with all these elements and it was something I wanted to read, so I wrote Captivated. I wanted to put dry humor, sarcasm, the annoying girl that you hate, the nerd, and everything else that is real in high school. The feedback is amazing and I’m happy that all my fans noticed the elements that made my book unique!
So I thank everything about my life, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Everything that has happened to me has given me all the tools I needed to begin my writing career.
Thanks for reading a snippet of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment